due to the recent suicides of kids who have been bullied in the U.S.. I'm taking a stand against bullying, and you should too.
Facts about Bullying:
- It is estimated that 160,000 children miss school every day due to fear of attack or intimidation by other students. Source: National Education Association.
- American schools harbor approximately 2.1 million bullies and 2.7 million of their victims.
- One in seven students is either a bully or victim.
- About 75% of kids have visited a Web site bashing another student.
- 56% of students have personally witnessed some type of bullying at school.
- Mean behavior among kids is a universal problem. In a poll of 232 kids in kindergarten through 8th grade at a Connecticut elementary school, every child claimed to have been the victim of at least one schoolmate’s or sibling’s meanness in the previous month.
- One out of 20 students has seen a student with a gun at school.
- 71% of students report incidents of bullying as a problem at their school.
- Nearly 35% of kids have been threatened online and almost one in five have had it happen more than once.
Many kids in the US over the last few years have been bullied so much, that they have actually committed suicide.
One 12 year old named Piper stood up for her friend who was being bullied, and the hate turned on her. They made a youtube video called '6 ways to Kill Piper' and it depicted drawing the bully's did of them killing Piper.
In 2009, an 11 year old boy named Jaheem committed suicide because his classmates accused him of being gay.
In early 2010, Phoebe Prince was stalked and harassed online by various classmates before she committed suicide. 9 teens were charged with bullying her to death.
In 2006, a 13 year old girl named Megan took her own life when an ex-friend made a fake myspace profile and tried to befriend Megan before the fake account began posting mean things about Megan. It devastated this young girl.
those were just some stories of bullying.
there are so many more that are just a click away.
Many are quick to blame the schools for the bullying-related suicides, but there not the only ones to blame.
the bullys are.
the victims are.
their classmates are.
their teachers are.
their friends are.
their neighbors are.
their parents are.
nobody stopped the bullying in time.
people ignored the victims...even when they saw the bullying happen.
next time you see someone getting picked on and bullied.
if you are a friend to the victim and your interference could get you hurt.
FIND AN ADULT THAT CAN HELP.
if their is bullying going on in your school.
TELL YOUR PARENTS AND GET HELP.
if you are being bullied
TELL SOMEONE...LIKE YOUR PARENTS.
no one deserves to be tortured.
no one deserves to die because people make fun of them.
TAKE A STAND AGAINST BULLYING.
REPOST THIS AND ADD YOU OWN STORIES.
COMMENT THIS POST WITH YOUR OWN EXPERIEN
a boy recently killed himself due to bullying in a city not too far from mine.
he was bullied & also accused of bieng gay.
this story really hit me because the city was only yet 10 minutes away. & knowing lots
of people knew him & knew he was being bullied, they did nothing. one classmate of his told us about him being in his TAKS
class. he was bieng bullied, laughed at, & the only wat to escape was hiding under a desk. the teacher didn't even help. she just sat there.
if i knew him, i would most likely be that girl in her TAKS class, doing nothing.
i want to change that.
i want to change myself.
knowing he was only 13 years old.
do something. don't be like me or that girl doing nothing.
- from how_we_fade